Schedules are developed at various points in the planning process. Schedules are maintained to report progress, and forecast trends, work progress and completion. Schedules are used to control the successful execution of the project.
The schedule models the plan and the cost estimate using resources and execution strategy to meet the project objectives. The schedule must accommodate and account for change as it occurs.
The baseline schedule
The baseline schedule, upon stakeholders’ approval, becomes the standard for performance measurement. The project baseline plan and the cost estimate are the fundamental documents used in the development of the plan and schedule for the next phase of the project.
The key characteristics of a successful schedule include:
Elasticity, sensitivity, completeness, robustness, and clarity for all stakeholders.
Elastic and sensitive schedules readily accommodate change to the schedule model over the life-cycle of the project. Complete schedules fully depict the plan and the cost estimate. Schedules that are robust meet the needs of key stakeholders for plan development, progress monitoring, key trends and milestone achievement forecasting, and reporting.
Lastly, The Schedule must be clear and “readable” so that key stakeholders can have a common understanding of
current status reported and trends forecasted. All stakeholders inherently wish to properly, effectively use a schedule. The success of a well developed and implemented schedule is dependent on a solid plan. The schedule should accurately reflect the physical project and the planning effort, and have the ability to properly forecast the
The modeling and scaling of the schedule must be appropriate to the phase of work. The schedule model is a database of extensive data elements. It is important to develop a well thought out and effective methodology of controls, tools, reports and reporting requirements to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
PROGRESS CONSULT provides schedule management techniques using the best recognized scheduling systems and by implementing clearly defined procedures for schedule development, updating and control.
PROGRESS CONSULT teams review and validate contractor/Vendor schedules and reports and provide clients with master and detailed schedules for submittals delivery, procurement, approvals, implementation and testing among comprehensive reporting and analysis on weekly basis to let Clients keep an eye on the project by informing them about the project status and the road ahead.
Our Previous and Current Projects in MENA
- SAUDI AIRLINES Employees Co-operatives projects Joury 1,2,3 and Joury 4
- Planning and Follow up 120 Projects by using Primavera P6 – Makkah Municipality- KSA
- Time schedule for Jeddah Stadium, King Abdullah sport city
- Shutdown process (Factory maintenance) for IBN-RUSHED Factory (SABIC Group) –Yanbu – KSA
- Primavera P6 Implementation for AL Rashid Contracting Co. – Riyadh – KSA
- Waha Progect – RESIDENTIAL WORKS, Jeddah -KSA
- King Fahd Hospital, Madina – KSA
- ISHRAQA LABOR HOUSING COMPOUND, Jeddah – KSA
- KING ABDULLAH ECONOMIC CITY – ESMERALDA – TH-1 – VERTICAL COMPLETION – BUILDING CONSTRUCTION WORKS
- Nissan Motor Egypt Extension Project (Renovation Existing Building And Training Center Building) Constructed By Kajima Corporation
- Kafr El Sheikh Governorate sewerage project in15 villages (sewerage networks, pump stations, pressure pipe lines, treatment plants)
- A 40 million Swiss funded development project aims to increase the discharge and quality of drinking water and recycling the solid residuals in five villages in Gharbia – Egypt.
- Construction of Flexo Egypt Factory, Cairo, Egypt
- Construction of E.G.P.I. For Medical Industries, Cairo, Egypt
- Construction of El-Salama International hospital, Egypt
- Construction of El-Mouasah hospital, Egypt